PURCHASING FIREARMS ONLINE
It is illegal to ship firearms to anyone not holding an active Federal Firearms License (FFL). For that reason, firearms purchased online may be picked up at our location in Milford, CT or shipped to an FFL (gun store) near you. We will contact and verify the FFL you select during checkout before we ship your firearm(s). The buyer is encouraged to contact the receiving FFL licensee before purchase. If you choose to use an FFL other than Swamp Yankee Firearms, that FFL will charge you a fee for their services. Their fee is not included in the sale price of your firearm. If you choose to pick up your firearms from Swamp Yankee Firearms the FFL fee will be waived.
RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
All customer initiated cancelations or returns will be subject to a 6% credit card processing fee to cover the cost of processing the sale as well as processing the refund to your card.
- All cancelations due to the customer attempting to purchasing a firearm that they are not eligible to own are considered customer initiated cancelations and follow that policy. If you are exempt from any legal restrictions, such as being a member of law enforcement or military, please send us an email notifying us PRIOR to placing your order to avoid your order from being cancelled. If you are unsure if a firearm is legal to own in your state, please confirm your FFL PRIOR to placing your order.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 15 business days. If a return is possible, you will be responsible to return the item to the distributor warehouse that it came from in like-new condition including original packaging. A restocking fee of up to 20% and a credit card processing fee of 6% may be charged. A refund for the merchandise will be issued upon confirmation from the distributor warehouse that the return met these requirements. Shipping costs are not refundable.
Sales on the following items are final:
- Special orders.
- Products sold "as is" or "used" or that have been installed or used after receipt.
- Any firearm that has been modified including but not limited to stock pinning, magazine limiting, and barrel pinning.
- Any firearm once it has been transferred to the customer.
- Illumination devices, electronic sights and optics.
Used firearms are sold on consignment for our customers. Swamp Yankee Firearms makes no warrantees or guarantees on these items. The consigner has attested that the firearm is in safe working order and has no malfunctions, defects, or any other flaws except possible cosmetic blemishes which will be shown in photos provided. The consigner has attested that they have test-fired the gun being offered for consignment to assure the truth and accuracy of this statement. Connecticut residents have the option to pick up the firearm in person in lieu of paying shipping only if local pickup is offered.
- Used firearms are sold as-is with no refunds. We will do our best to describe the item and their condition, both in words and photos. Please ask if you have any questions or request for additional pictures prior to purchasing. Item can be inspected in person in Milford, CT. Remember, these are used guns and cannot be expected to be in like new condition.
- You are responsible to know if the firearm you are purchaing is legal in your state. If you are unsure, please ask your FFL prior to purchasing.
- The item in the title is what you are purchasing. Ancillary items that are included or come with the item you are purchasing have no monetary value. This includes but is not limited to aftermarket sights/optics, grips, cases and magazines.
- All items will be ship insured. Unfortunately this means higher shipping costs to the buyer. If the item is lost or damaged in shipping, you will receive a full refund. Damaged items must be returned prior to receiving a refund. Buyer agrees to accept the findings of the insurance claim as final decision if a refund will be issued. Ancillary items are not eligible for missing or damage claims.
GENERAL FIREARM SALES
All firearms, magazines, receivers and restricted law enforcement items are sold and shipped in accordance with all existing federal, state and local laws and regulations. Many of the firearms, magazines and parts for sale on this website may be restricted or prohibited in your area. Please check your local and state regulations before ordering.
All new firearms are shipped in the original manufacturer's box, with magazine(s), accessories and applicable warranty. Firearms requiring warranty work must be returned to the factory within 1 year of purchase for repair. Accessories and special order items not normally sold by our store will not be covered under warranty even if these products are part of an integrated firearms package, unless we have guaranteed the entire package in writing. Please contact the original manufacturer for warranty information on all accessories and special order items.
All information collected during the checkout process is transmitted via industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS). A Transport Layer Security (TLS) Certificate (or SSL Certificate) creates an encrypted connection between a Web site and a visitor's Web browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the Web site and the browser remains private and secure.
All orders are shipped promptly from a distributor warehouse or in-store inventory within 3 - 10 business days using UPS, FedEx, or USPS. Tracking numbers are available for items shipped via UPS and FedEx.
ONLINE PRICE & DESCRIPTION ERRORS
Online inventory changes every day. Occasionally an item may appear on the site by mistake or the item's description may contain a typographical error. We do not guarantee that titles, descriptions, pictures or prices on our site are error-free. We reserve the right to refuse any order including but not limited to orders for items with errors in the description or price. In the event that we cancel an order we will not charge the customer's credit card or we will refund the money.
You must be 18 or older to purchase rifle or shotgun ammunition and 21 or older to purchase handgun ammunition. All ammunition will be shipped ground with adult signature required. Always make sure to use the correct ammunition for your specific firearms. Check your local laws for any other regulations.
Items received by Swamp Yankee Firearms will be held free of charge for up to 30 days pending pickup and/or transfer to the customer. Items held over 30 days will be charged a storage fee of $1 per day retroactive to the date the item was received unless prior arrangements have been made. Any item held over 60 days will be considered abandoned and become property of Swamp Yankee Firearms unless prior arrangements have been made. By you selecting to have your item delivered to Swamp Yankee Firearms you agree to these terms and conditions.