Your cart is empty
Pursuant to C.G.S. §§ 29-28, 29-32, 29-36f 29-36I, and 18 U.S.C. § 922, applicants shall be issued a permit unless any of the following circumstances pertain to them:
1. You have a FELONY CONVICTION in any jurisdiction.
2. You have a MISDEMEANOR CONVICTION in Connecticut for one of the following crimes after 10/01/1994:
a. Illegal possession of controlled or hallucinogenic substances, as specified under C.G.S. § 21a-
b. Criminally negligent homicide as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-58
c. Assault in the third degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-61
d. Assault of an elderly, blind, disabled or pregnant person or a person with intellectual
disability in the third degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-61a
e. Threatening in the second degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-62
f. Reckless endangerment in the first degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-63
g. Unlawful restraint in the second degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-96
h. Riot in the first degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-175
i. Riot in the second degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-176
j. Inciting to riot as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-178
k. Stalking in the second degree as specified under C.G.S. § 53a-181d
3. You are an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 801, et. seq.). THIS INCLUDES MARAJUANA.
4. You were CONVICTED of a MISDEMEANOR CRIME of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. This means an offense that (1) is a misdemeanor under federal or state law; and (2) has, as an element, the use or attempted use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former spouse, parent or guardian of the victim, or by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, or by a person who is cohabiting with or who has cohabited with the victim or spouse, parent, or guardian, or by any person similarly situated to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim.
5. You were discharged from custody within the preceding 20 years after having been found NOT GUILTY OF A CRIME BY REASON OF MENTAL DISEASE OR DEFECT pursuant to C.G.S. § 53a-13.
6. You were CONFINED TO A HOSPITAL for persons with psychiatric disabilities (C.G.S. § 17a-495) within the preceding sixty (60) months by order of a Probate Court.
7. You have been voluntarily admitted to a hospital for persons with psychiatric disabilities, within the preceding six (6) months for reasons other than solely for alcohol or drug dependence.
8. You are subject to a RESTRAINING ORDER or PROTECTIVE ORDER issued by a court after notice and an opportunity to be heard has been provided to you in a case involving the use, attempted use or threatened use of physical force against another person.
9. You are the subject of a court issued risk warrant to seize firearms pursuant to C.G.S. § 29-38c(d).
10. You are an ILLEGAL ALIEN in the United States.
11. You are UNDER the AGE of 21 years.
12. You have renounced your United States citizenship.
13. You have been discharged from the Armed Forces under a dishonorable condition.
14. You are prohibited by federal law, under 18 U.S.C. 922 (g) or (n).